Over the past 17 years being involved with children and education here in Nepal I have come to deeply appreciate the value of educating children. Not only can it transform the life of the individual but it also has an impact on their whole family and wider community. Ultimately having a positive effect on the entire country as engineers, doctors,…
Our Annapurna Children Home celebrating Nepali New Year 2074 with Kira Kay and the student of Manipal Medical College.
Our New Years Day has been a joy to share with the students at Manipal Medical Teaching College who arranged a fun program for us.
They organized games, prizes & snacks - plus being medical students a check up especially of…
Kira Kay with children at Bhaktapur Children Home having painting fun during school holidays.
Some school holiday fun! Our Bhaktapur Orphan Home house has been structurally fully repaired now post earthquake - but cosmetically it needs some loving - what better way to start than with pots of paint and many hands all together. It may not be 100% professional…
This is a heartfelt call out from Kira Kay for funds to keep our projects active and supporting children, women and communities in Nepal. Any amount small or large is VERY welcomed! see below on how to donate
I am once again in beloved Nepal - even with all the dust, horns and intermittent electricity I feel totally at home…
Congratulations to Sibjan Chaulagain who with his innovation with information technology for farmers has been part of one of the most innovative entrepreneur start-up initiatives the past months - Rockstart Impact program. Coming up soon will be all the participants presenting their business plans and ideas in Amsterdam, Netherlands March 16th when they will present to public audience and potential…
The basis of our eco-rebuilding is using compressed earth bricks. We are using the technology refined by Abari and their own made machines and their advising on how to make the right mix of clay/soil to produce quality strong bricks. Our brick production has begun! More than 10,000 bricks have already been made! The training on how to make the…
Our second microcredit location in Sivanagar village held their AGM with a lot of smiles and good feelings! The women now fully manage the financial structure – Savings and Credit cooperative - We have supported them with training and guidance to be able manage the daily activities and yearly audits required to complete an AGM. All our microcredit initiatives are…
Our project with Team Nepal and Abari to enable villagers to rebuild their own homes safely is underway! The on-the-job training is happening while building a two classroom building at Gyaltham, Melamchi tertiary Campus where we are co-creating with the villagers a tool library/workspace that will continue past the building to enable the villagers to access tools along with the…
Our building collaboration with Nepal eco-building company Abari, and its inspiring founder Nripal Adhikary, continue this month in Sindhulpalchok with our local partners there, TEAM Nepal (Neel & Bikash & Rajan leading this rebuild project) we will be building in two locations, one school and the other is the only technical/tertiary campus in the district and we will be creating…
- Microcredit continued growth
- Our next rebuilding effort is about to get underway
- A truly special visit
- Celebrating Bhai Tikka during Tihar festival with our wonderful family
- Moving time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Dancing & Music classes for our Annapurna Self Sustaining Children Home
- Weekends are great for football playing & choco-banana pancakes
- Dashain festival at Bhaktapur
- Step by Step
- ICT for Agriculture – Sibjan in Sweden for intensive Social Entrepreneur training
- Next eco-friendly, earthquake resilient buildings are in planning progress
- Our Repairs are progressing at our Bhaktapur Children Home. Oh and a wedding!
- 8 schoolrooms at Narayansthan village in Kavre are now in use!
- Dining room, kitchen and Bio-gas upgrades at our Annapurna Children Home
- Many helping hands!
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009