Dirk Dijkstra (Bangkok, Thailand)

Although an unhappy knee prevented me to get very far on the trek (November 2007), I had a profound heart opening experience, I can't really give a reason, whether it was the people, the mountains, the altitude or any combination of it. And it doesn't matter, the experience was/is real and lasting, even at this moment of writing a good two months later it is still present and alive....

Moreover, I am very impressed with the work "Hands with Hands" is undertaking and the fantastic team(work) making it all possible.

Nik Harris (London, England)

Re: Nepal:  My overall impression of Nepal was of an amazingly beautiful mountainous country and a very friendly/smiley/wonderful people. Also Nepal clearly still has a lot of the original culture and felt very safe. A wonderful place to go trekking in. A gem! Also for me, the mountains and people embodied something spiritual.

Re: Treks:  I found that I like walking reasonably actively/speedily but that I very much like stopping when I meet something interesting - a beautiful spot to meditate, or people to speak to or a temple to visit.

Seems to me there are at least 3 types of walkers - those that travel fast, stop little, and probably will go as high as they can.
Those that would like to walk up to whatever height, but also like to stop look and listen (bit like me).
Those that would enjoy the lovely scenery and people up to about 3000m (after is colder and altitude).

Re: Charity work:  Meet the people on a real face to face level, learn something about yourself and make a difference.

Egon Castlunger (Zurich, Switzerland)

Information:for me the quick answers, and information you gave me per email were good and detailed. I could organize my trip-luggage appropriately.

Arriving in Nepal: Also good. I had a pleasant arrival to the basis hotel in Kathmandu. The transport from the airport and picking up was well organized.

From the first day on I felt in good hands, in the sense that there I felt a certain sense of responsibility and caring towards the group. What I understood very quickly is that in Nepal especially it is wise to be ready to change the plans for a series of reasons; for example the postponing of the official start of the Trek because one person was delayed arriving to Nepal, So, a guide, a group leader must be ready each moment for new decisions. And with this topic it was fine. Babu (our guide) was pretty sensible and fine to be with. He was always listening carefully to each members need or complaints. Never under pressure or stress. It would be great to have him within the next trek. 

A final thought: This was my first Himalayan experience, and not the last. That's for sure! I feel very lucky and thankful to have been part of Kira's charity trek. The mixture of trekking, nature, mystic, different cultures, visiting charity projects, was so rich, so touching and deep. I have learned a lot from it, and am looking forward to be part of a next trip soon!

Jay Newmark from London, England

Friends - as many of you know, April 2007 I spent two weeks in Nepal, trekking in the Himalayas and visiting some charitable projects that my dear friend Kira Kay had helped to initiate. She has set-up multiple different projects in Nepal over the past few years, including Microfinance in remote villages, self-sustaining children's homes, and work with schools and hospitals.

Veronika Kloucek, (London, England)

Nepal has been an unforgettable, deeply touching and life changing experience. I still feel moved by the heart warming and honest nature of the people, the stunning nature and silent magic of the Himalayas and the colourfulness and richness I have experienced in Nepal. I came to visit my friend Kira and her projects and to do a trek together with a group of friends from all over the world. The tour started with a warm welcome of Kira's Nepali friends in the buzzing city of Kathmandu and took us to Pokhara, where we spent a wonderful afternoon playing with the children in Self-sustaining Orphan Home.