Our building collaboration with Nepal eco-building company Abari, and its inspiring founder Nripal Adhikary, continue this month in Sindhulpalchok with our local partners there, TEAM Nepal (Neel & Bikash & Rajan leading this rebuild project) we will be building in two locations, one school and the other is the only technical/tertiary campus in the district and we will be creating…
Jutpani village was the location we began our microcredit outreach in 2005 with 25 women – 11 years onwards we have truly evolved into a healthy and sustainable financial vehicle providing savings and credit facilities to local women (and a few men!) being run and facilitated by the women themselves. This journey has had many challenges and growth experiences –…
Our next rebuilding effort is about to get underway this month in Sindhulpalchok in collaboration with TEAM Nepal & Abari Eco Building Co.
I am starting to get excited! After a lot of discussions and planning our "on the job" training collaboration with Abari, TEAM Nepal and HandswithHands is getting REAL! The approval process is well underway now for our…
There are times in ones life when you may meet an extra-ordinary person – someone who is going about their daily life with an integrity, humbleness and aspirations to make life better for everyone they meet. Dr Govinda KC of Nepal is such a man. When we first met him he simply knocked on our door with a bunch of…
Bhai Tikka is one of the main days of Diwali celebrations in Nepal. On this day, also know as "Brother and Sister day", sisters conduct a blessing ceremony and pray to Yamraja for her brother's long life and prosperity. The sisters also prepare special treats for their brothers and gift him this during the ceremony and the brother returns his sister a blessings along with…
There is still plenty to be done, however it looks promising that the main part of the move will be completed in the next two weeks.
As some of you already know we have to move from the house we have been living since we started our home. Our future vision is to build earthquake safe and sustainable buildings on…
Our Children have regular dancing & music classes which will be great for Dwali festival that requires a lot of dancing and singing! The children now also have karate/self defense classes and it seems like they have a lot of fun as well giving our children more body consciousness. We continually explore how we can develop the potential of our…
Thank you everyone who have helped with funds for the repairs after earthquake - we are back in our home at Bhaktapur Self Sustaining Children Home, out of the tents finally! Still lots to repair on our home (flooring, electricity, plumbing, painting & more) however at least for the upcoming winter we will be warmer this year!! We believe it…
Dashain festival here in Nepal is a wonderful celebration of families coming together - on the 10th day the elders give a Tikka/blessings to younger members in the family symbolising good health, abundance & renewal of family/community ties. I celebrated with our Bhaktapur Orphan Home family in Sipadol village where we are now back in our Home newly structurally repaired…
We still have heaps of work to properly finish our home but the structural work is now complete - thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this!!! Dashain festival is upcoming and we are in our "home" for this important festival.
It's not completed yet, but we could not wait to move back to our home anymore. Lots…
- ICT for Agriculture – Sibjan in Sweden for intensive Social Entrepreneur training
- Next eco-friendly, earthquake resilient buildings are in planning progress
- Our Repairs are progressing at our Bhaktapur Children Home. Oh and a wedding!
- 8 schoolrooms at Narayansthan village in Kavre are now in use!
- Dining room, kitchen and Bio-gas upgrades at our Annapurna Children Home
- Many helping hands!
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009