This week we celebrated the rite of passage 'Bratabandha' for 9 of our boys (Sofal, Sagar, Samyog, Ujiwal, Ravi, Sushil, Shuvas, Bushan & Sonam) at our Annapurna Children Home. This is a sacred Hindu ritual that makes the passage from child to young man and includes counseling and guidance from the priests and elder men in the family (in our…
A heartfelt happy Nepali New year 2076 to all our friends. We wish all of us a joyful, abundant and successful year! Our girls visited the Bindhyabasini Temple early in the morning and our boys went for a very early morning (they left at 3,20am!) hike up to the Peace Stupa to watch the sun rise - all of them…
Februari 2019 hebben we het Annapurna self-sustaining children home bij Pokhara weer opgezocht. We werden hartelijk ontvangen door Sarada, de 34 kinderen en 4 huismoeders. Het is alsof je in een grote familie komt met 16 broers en 18 zussen waarbij de oudste kinderen ook extra taken hebben in de keuken en het huishouden.Er zijn zowel de oude kleine groentetuinen…
Happy Sunday everyone! We share some smiles and laughter from our side to you all With such a big family we do have a lot of playmates and options for enjoying each other and being physically active with table tennis, badminton, monkey bars, dancing and much more - thank you to everyone who has been supporting and visiting us! And…
I am once again deeply touched, inspired & encouraged by witnessing the empowerment that has unfolded the past 13 years with our women friends involved in microcredit and skills development in Chitwan, Nepal. Today (Nov 16) I was gifted a "Token of Love" at the annual general meeting of our microcredit cooperative - which illuminates my understanding of what has…
Our Annapurna Children Home Home teenage movie team have written, acted, filmed and directed this short film - for those who do not understand Nepali language the story is about finding your inner strength and finding out that getting angry and trying to beat the other means you lose your inner peace and power so the best is to be…
Tihar is a wonderful and special festival in Nepal. It is 5 days of celebration that is concluded with Bhai Tika - a beautiful ritual between brother and sister - both celebrating the family connection and reaffirming the bond of support between brother and sister. In our Home of many brothers and sisters this is a very special and fun…
With much joy we share this new video of our Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home created by Sarada Basnet, our wonderful Thulo mother and president! This short 15 mins video gives you a real glimpse into our everyday life and you can see the alive joy that is very present in our Home We are very proud of all that we…
With delight I shared Dashain Festival with our children and family at our Bhaktapur Self Sustaining Children home in Sipadol village - For our non Nepal friends this is a special festival celebrated every year with the emphasis on families coming together and sharing blessings of well being and abundance while enjoying special food and laughter. There is also many…
Nepal is niet meer zo in het nieuws na de aardbeving van 2015 maar er is nog veel in beweging. De na-effecten van de aardbeving en de grensblokkade door India zijn nog altijd groot. De inflatiecijfers liggen officieel tussen de 7-10 % terwijl die in Nederland al jaren rond de 1% zit.
De prijzen van bouwmaterialen, land, levensmiddelen en school…
- Everyday Life in Our BSSCH - June 2018
- New Beds for our ASSCH - June 2018
- Back to school - Annapurna Children home
- Earthquake Resilient & Eco friendly building
- Safe School Buildings post earthquake
- Ongoing development at Little Angels Children Home in Talamarang village
- New Year Celebrations of Annapurna Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal december 2017
- Rebuilding schools safely & empowering communities
- Building new boys room at Annapurna Children Home
- Empowering Women and Changing lives
- Study time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Cultural concert at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Growing moments with our Annapurna Children Home
- Festival celebrations – Bhaktapur Children Home
- Our ongoing Earth & Bamboo rebuild initiatives
- Temporary schools still providing safe education
- Talamarang Children Home gardens are flourishing
- Celebrating Earth Day in Nepal
- Education is a privilege and gift for life. Help us provide the gift of education to our children.
- Celebrating Nepali New Year 2074 with Our Annapurna Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal april 2017
- Some school holiday fun!
- A heartfelt call out from Kira Kay
- Congratulations to Sibjan Chaulagain
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 2
- Microcredit does make a difference
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 1
- Our building collaborations
- Microcredit continued growth
- Our next rebuilding effort is about to get underway
- A truly special visit
- Celebrating Bhai Tikka during Tihar festival with our wonderful family
- Moving time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Dancing & Music classes for our Annapurna Self Sustaining Children Home
- Weekends are great for football playing & choco-banana pancakes
- Dashain festival at Bhaktapur
- Step by Step
- ICT for Agriculture – Sibjan in Sweden for intensive Social Entrepreneur training
- Next eco-friendly, earthquake resilient buildings are in planning progress
- Our Repairs are progressing at our Bhaktapur Children Home. Oh and a wedding!
- 8 schoolrooms at Narayansthan village in Kavre are now in use!
- Dining room, kitchen and Bio-gas upgrades at our Annapurna Children Home
- Many helping hands!
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009